Sandra Allen Memorial Education Award
Sandra Allen served on the Board of Directors for Help A Child Smile for over 20 years. For 10 years, she was the Chair and played a key role in developing the program and supports that Help A Child Smile provides.
In 2014, Sandra passed away. Help A Child Smile’s Board of Directors along with CanJam for Cancer have created these awards in Sandra’s memory.
Sandra Allen Memorial Education Award Criteria & Submission Process
Applications are open until Tuesday, May 31 at 11:59:59pm
The Sandra Allen Memorial Education Award aims to provide access to post-secondary education and reward youth who demonstrate community leadership.
Number, Value and Duration of Award
Three (3) $2,500 awards will be available each year.
An eligible applicant must be:
- From a Help A Child Smile registered family (member child or sibling)
- Under the age of 30
Eligible post-secondary institutions:
- Canadian educational institutions which have recognized or authorized degree/diploma granting powers or their affiliates (eg. Universities, colleges/CEGEPs)
Field of Study/Program Requirements
- There are no restrictions on the program of study or discipline;
- Program must be a minimum of 2 years in duration for a bachelor degree or diploma program or a minimum of 1 year in duration for a trades program.
Conditions / Restrictions
- One time award per applicant
- For publicity purposes, Help A Child Smile reserves the right to identify the award recipient, including their name, program and college or university.
- Students who will commence their post-secondary studies in January are eligible to apply.
Applications will be received from May 1-31, 2022
Please download attached form. Complete and save as a PDF or Word Document.
Email the application along with a letter of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject: Sandra Allen Award Application. Applications will be accepted until Tuesday, May 31 at 11:59:59pm.
The selection of Sandra Allen Memorial Education Award winners will be made by members of the Help A Child Smile’s Board of Directors and a member from the Allen family. The committee will review submissions in June and then announce the winners in mid-late June.